The last week I don't call it vacations. For me, it's a week to lay aside the daily activities (like job and studies) and take a while to reflect and commemorate the sacrifice of love, that Jesus made on the cross, for the humanity and his victory over death. That is the real sense of this beautiful week.
This holy week has been different for me. Because it was my first time in a mission and that was one of the greatest experiences i've ever lived, until now.
Since sunday, I went to the mission field. I was really nervous because it was my first time doing this. But, at the same time, I was happy and confident that it would be a great experience. With my partners, we visited homes and sick people to meditate the God's word, pray for them and invited them to the activities of Holy week. We had to walk for hours to visit the houses of the community but, it was worth it.
I spent funny moments, one of them was a little farewell party with the kids.
On friday, I finished the mission and I returned back home. Since the afternoon of that day, I went to my parish church to live the most important activitties of the Holy week. My friends made a beautiful rug with salt and I helped them. In the evening, with my familiy, we participate in the procession of the Holy Burial.
On saturday I was at church the entire day. In the morning I went with my friends to help with the preparations of the Easter Vigil. In the evening, I went with my family to celebrate that moment of the resurrection of Jesus in that Holy Vigil. It was a moment of happines and I really enjoyed it with my family and friends.
On sunday morning, I went to the Holy Mass, as I usual do. In the afternoon I took a rest in my home. Finally, at evening, I went to a dinner to celebrate, with all the community, the succes of another work completed this Holy week in the parish church.
As you can see, I didn't go to the beach or another tourist place. I spent my time in the church and that was great because I was with the people that I love and that is really important during this days of reflection. It was a week with a lot of new experiences that I never forget.

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario